Theodore Ellison Designs currently has an opening for a Project Administrator.
Theodore Ellison Designs is a custom mosaic and leaded glass studio based in Oakland, California that has been in business for over 20 years. A number of our skilled artisans have been with us for over a decade, and we pride ourselves on our rare combination of a relaxed, yet highly-focused, work environment.
We are looking for someone interested in joining our team who has experience with the running of a small and prolific creative business. This position involves day-to-day office administration and project management, including communications with current and prospective clients. You will often be the face of the company, so an attitude of friendliness and efficiency in client relations are key.
You must have a solid understanding of digital business processes and systems, and an ability to think on your feet and prioritize implementation of the above in a busy and multifaceted fabrication workshop. In addition to utilizing the systems we have in place, we would welcome your input and initiative to help grow and develop our business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage initial and ongoing communications with clients.
- Manage the internal client management process for new projects; work with principal to create proposals and follow up with prospective clients.
- Set up and manage production schedules, and work closely with the rest of the team to track progress on projects.
- Take ownership of day-to-day workshop administration and proactively seek ways to improve processes.
- Organize and implement ongoing business processes, systems and solutions and assist with business development, marketing, and new product design initiatives.
- Organized with a positive, can-do attitude
- Experience with CRM/ Project management software
- Experience using Gantt charts
Commensurate with experience $25-$35/hr.
401k / Profit Sharing Plan
4 day work week: Monday – Thursday
40 hours sick pay / year
Hours & Location:
Part time to start (20-30 hrs/week) moving to full time position. Daily commute to our workshop near Lake Merritt is required.
Most of all we are looking for the right fit, so even if you do not have all the experience outlined above, please do not hesitate to apply.
Please email a cover letter and resume letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses without a cover letter will not be considered.